Maple Bacon Bars with Black Walnut Bourbon Glaze
Great news! This mouth watering recipe is about to be featured in a cool new cookbook titled Best of the Best from America’s Distilleries, so we just had to share it with you!
Caution: Do not lick your screen!
2 cups high quality Maple Syrup
1 stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Black Walnut SweetShine
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Flour
1 Whole pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
(Yes. One whole pound!)
Black Walnut Bourbon Glaze Ingredients:
1 tbsp Black Walnut SweetShine
1 tsp bourbon
1 c. powdered sugar
- Heat maple syrup on medium high and bring to a boil for 12-14 minutes, or until it is slightly reduced. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the syrup has cooled but is still warm, add butter and stir until it melts and dissolves.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, including the bacon, adding flour last, in small batches to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a medium sized sheet pan lined with parchment, and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Once chilled, bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden. Cool.
- While cooling, make Black Walnut Bourbon Glaze by adding 1 tbsp Black Walnut SweetShine and 1 tsp bourbon to 1 cup powdered sugar and mix well.
- Once the bars are cool, drizzle with the glaze and serve.